The Cliffs at Walnut Cove is a scene of natural beauty, inspired by the ageless villages of Europe and just minutes from downtown Asheville, North Carolina, a city consistently recognized as one of the best places in the country to live.
Protected by the natural boundaries of the Blue Ridge Parkway and Pisgah National Forest, Walnut Cove is a private golf community offering dramatic mountain vistas alongside an award-winning Jack Nicklaus Signature golf course, receiving accolades from Golf Digest and Golfweek, among others. In the words of Jack Nicklaus, “Walnut Cove provides an extraordinary natural setting for golf. There are areas on the course that make you feel as if you are playing through a national forest.”
At the heart of Walnut Cove stands The Club Village, a nice spot for a morning cup of coffee or an afternoon glass of wine. The Club Village at Walnut Cove features a newly renovated Golf House, turnhouse, and a Tudor-style tavern.
Members enjoy a 500,000-acre backyard comprised of the Blue Ridge Mountains, miles of hiking trails, and fields of wildflowers and mountain laurels. The Cliffs at Walnut Cove is a combination of seclusion, convenience, natural splendor, and elegance.
Best of all, from the moment you join, all The Cliffs has to offer is yours. One club membership at The Cliffs grants access to seven communities from the shores of Lake Keowee to the mountains just outside Asheville, including an unparalleled collection of seven nationally-acclaimed golf courses, more than a dozen dining venues and outdoor adventure specialists to guide you through our Blue Ridge Mountain majesty and more.
THE CLIFFS AT WALNUT COVE AMENITIES
- Opened in 2005, the Jack Nicklaus Signature course is the only championship golf course to have debuted with a PGA Tour event.
- The Old World-inspired Club Village features the newly renovated golf house and 12,000-square-foot clubhouse, home of formal dining and casual Tavern restaurant and bar. Renovations included a redesign of the Golf House to open up the space, new fixtures and finishings in the Main Dining Room at The Tavern, and covering the patio for al fresco dining. The clubhouse also includes a boardroom and wine lockers.
- 18,000-square-foot wellness center featuring indoor lap pool, state-of-the-art fitness equipment, group exercise spaces, outdoor pool, spa and tennis courts.
- Over 6 miles of walking nature trails.
- Gate attendants provide 24-hour-a-day roaming security and are trained first responders.
Select a homesite on which to build the custom home of your dreams with one of our Preferred Builders or move right in to one of our featured homes. Homesites start in the $200,000s, homes and townhomes at $1,325,000. Or discover two new releases of homesites offering unparalleled opportunities to come home to The Cliffs at Walnut Cove. The new neighborhoods, Meadowview and Wildwood, offer built-for-sale homes close to amenities. Breathtaking four-season views in every direction are the order of the day.
Biltmore Park, home to excellent restaurants, shopping and entertainment is just two miles from The Cliffs at Walnut Cove gates. The Asheville Regional Airport is also a ten minute drive.
In 2019, South Street Partners (SSP) acquired The Cliffs. South Street Partners is a private equity real estate investment firm headquartered in Charlotte, NC and Charleston, SC specializing in the development and management of luxury residential private club communities. Founded in 2009, South Street has deployed $320 million of equity across residential and commercial properties and has over $1 billion of assets under management. South Street acts as a principal investment platform as well as an operating partner and co-investor for institutional partners interested in special situations, opportunistic and value added real estate investments in the Southeastern United States as well as select continental US and international markets.