The gentle waves of Tellico Lake and the beauty of the Great Smoky Mountains welcomes all to a relaxing way of life at WindRiver, one of the most attractive lakefront Tennessee golf communities. Located in the "Lake Capital of the South”, Lenior City is a mere 40 minutes from the vibrant metropolitan city of Knoxville and is a popular place to find waterfront retirement communities.
WindRiver was acquired in 2012 by Tennessee native and real estate developer Joe Ayres. Spread across 687 acres of rolling hills down to the lake, the curb appeal is beautiful with scenic views in every direction. Among the most notable amenities are its private marina and for being the first Audubon Signature Golf Course in Tennessee. An Audubon Signature Golf course is required to uphold strict principals of environmental stewardship which include maintaining and enhancing the natural wildlife habitats and minimizing potentially harmful impacts. Living in one of the Tennessee golf communities who have received this achievement is coveted. The upscale real estate development has some of the most beautiful lake and golf course homes we've seen in Eastern Tennessee. For those considering relocating to Tennessee, here's the amenities you'll find at WindRiver:
- 18 Hole Championship Golf Course designed by Bob Cupp - under renovation
- Golf Clubhouse, Pro Shop and Top of Hill Grill
- Wind River Sports Club featuring:
- Zero-entry pool, hot tub, and multi-level sundecks
- Snack bar & outdoor cabana bar
- Two Tennis courts
- Basketball court
- The Lakeside Inn
- Overnight accommodations
- Citico restaurant with award winning gourmet dining
- Pub and lounge featuring local area craft beers and wines
- Private Marina
- Electricity, sewage services
- Fuel services coming soon
- 81 wet boat slips from 30 to 90 feet in length
- Connection to TVA Lakeshore Trail System - Planned
- Cosmo’s Bar & Grill - Planned Spring 2016
- Floating bar & grill next to the marina, offering lunch and dinner
- Brightwater Park - Planned Spring 2016
- Six-acre Lakefront Community Park
- Fire Pit
- Beach & Swim Area
- Sports & Wellness Club - Planned Spring 2016
- Fitness Center with sauna
- Event Hall
- Lakeside Canoes, Kayaks & Paddleboat - Planned Spring 2016
Membership to the club is mandatory. WindRiver is developed along 5 miles of shoreline 350 single family homes are planned of which more than 200 are lakefront homes. Approximately 40 homes are built to date. Home sites range in size from half an acres to 2+ acres and are priced from the lower $100k’s to the upper $600k’s. All homes are custom designed and built by the some of the most reputable home builders in Eastern Tennessee. Homes feature Tudor and French Country architecture, brick and/or stone exteriors. Homes range in size from 3,000 to 6,100 square feet and are priced from the upper $600k’s to just under $3 million.
In addition, The Highlands, a new neighborhood within the WindRiver gated community, offers maintenance free, “main-level” living residences. The 32 single family homes spotlight classic English Country architecture. WindRiver has three open floorplans specifically designed for the Highlands from 1,900 to 3,200 square feet and priced from $350k to $600k, an attractive price point for those considering relocating to Tennessee.
The closest best schools to WindRiver are Lenoir City Elementary, Lenoir City Intermediate/Middle, and Lenoir City High School. Nearby private schools include Crossroads Christian Academy offering PK through 12 grades and Lenoir City Christian Academy, for children in Kindergarten through 4th grades.
Whether you plan to enjoy an unforgettable sunset as it casts a flaming reflection across the calm waters of Tellico Lake or the refreshing mist as you skim along this recreational gem of a lake, WindRiver may be just the right the place to rediscover your dreams.