Set among the rolling hills of Florida, Ocala is synonymous with horse country. In fact, Ocala is considered the Horse Capital of the World. Majestic oak trees draped in moss, fresh artesian springs and hundred year old thoroughbred farms evoke the American spirit and desire for adventure in the outdoor recreational mecca. Ocala is still unspoiled and not crowded. Progressive thinkers and visionaries who found a gem in Florida, are building adult sporting and wellness playgrounds for the rich and famous and successful affluent families. Here folks enjoy country living combined with a lifestyle of luxury and opulence.
Golden Ocala has become a luxury destination and for a lucky few, it’s home. One of the most beautiful golf communities in Central Florida, the 1,700 acre neighborhood is a modern day equine paradise. Instead of sharing a 24 stall barn, club members can rent luxury barn equestrian suites in detached buildings featuring 4 stalls, a tack room and office space. The bright and cheery barns are a more private place for equestrian members to board and care for their horses. The full service equestrian center offers full board, paddocks and a riding arena. Bridle trails meander in and around the community. Golden Ocala is next door to The World Equestrian Center South, a new world-class competition facility currently under construction.
Development began back in early 2000. The Golden Ocala golf course is the talk of the town. It boasts a riveting 18-hole, Ron Garl-designed course, incorporating eight masterfully recreated tribute holes from some of the world’s finest golf courses…Augusta, Royal Troon, Baltusrol and St. Andrews. It’s meticulously maintained. Powder white bunkers, glistening lakes, and undulating greens inspire a competitive spirit. The club also offers a 10-acre short game area, two practice holes, and a driving range.
Ending a day of play at the 77,000 square foot clubhouse is a grand finish. The two story Venetian building is impressive and first class. Members have three signature restaurants to enjoy; Raspberry’s offers fine dining, Knickers Bar & Grill is the club’s 19th hole, and Cafe of the Green offers an outdoor casual setting. Club members also have access to the Chef’s Table, an elite and exclusive dining experience for 8-16 members.
The 17,000 square foot Spa & Tennis Club is exquisite. Here families of all ages enjoy a zero-entry heated swimming pool, whirlpool, state-of-the-art fitness center and poolside cafe. Six Har-Tru Hydro-Grid® Tennis Courts are adjacent to the wellness center and many of the Ocala new homes.
GOLDEN OCALA AMENITIES
- Gated Entrance
- 18-hole championship Golf Course designed by Ron Garl-designed with8 recreated tribute holes from the world’s finest: Augusta, Royal Troon, Baltusrol, Muirfield and St. Andrews
- 77,000 square foot Clubhouse with three restaurants
- 17,000 square foot Spa & Tennis Club
- Resort-style zero-entry Swimming Pool & Whirlpool
- State-of-the-art Fitness Center with Cardio and Weight Resistance Equipment
- Five-level Day Spa and indoor fitness Obstacle Course
- 6 Har-Tru Hydro-Grid® Tennis Courts lighted
- Full Service Equestrian Center with private barns, boarding, paddocks and riding arena
- Luxury Equestrian Suites with 14 x 14 foot rubber matted stalls with video surveillance access by a smart phone app
Social club activities include golf and tennis leagues, wine tastings, game nights and holiday events. The curb appeal of Golden Ocala is remarkable. It’s hard to find any golf communities in Central Florida on par. with Approximately 150 homes have been built among the 10 neighborhoods. 800+ homes are planned. Home styles range from low maintenance, single family villas starting in the $400’s to luxury estates priced over $7 million. The Ocala new homes are elegant and refined in the private sanctuary. Homesites are available and begin around $80K. HOA fees are around $200 a month. A social club membership is mandatory. The golf membership has a $15,000 nonrefundable imitation fee and dues of $7,710 per year. The sports membership initiation fee is $2,580 with annual dues of $1,200. A social membership has a $2,060 membership fee with annual dues of $1,200. Folks can still buy an Ocala new home in the high $400’s here.
Neighborhoods at Golden Ocala:
- The Residences - spacious 1,900 sq. ft. villas feature 2 Master Suites, 2.5 baths, and stunning golf views from atop a hill priced from the high $500’s
- Clubside Village I & II - iust steps from the spa, fitness center, and tennis courts priced from the $400’s
- Clubside Village - offers floor plans from 2,200-2,600 square feet
- Fox Hounds - elegant Ocala new home designs from 2,300-3,400 square feet with excellent golf views, golfer’s porches, and romantic balconies priced from the $550’s
- Grotto Park - customize the house of your dreams with these semi-custom estate homes, with your choice of models and elevations
- Brittany Estates - generous acreage and enchanting woodland views, these homes offer luxury, choices, and a great lifestyle with floor plans from 2,600 - 4,400 square feet priced from the $900’s
- Masters Village I & II - architecturally excellent, custom estate homes sized from 4,000- 6,000 square feet are surrounded by 9 magnificent holes of the scenic course priced from $1.8 million
- Lakeside Estates - dramatic views meet quiet country living at Lakeside Estates, where you can design your one-of-a-kind home of 6,000+ sq. ft. overlooking a 22-acre lake or the stunning golf course
- Eagles Landing - park-like grounds nestle townhouses and single-family villas featuring maintenance-free living and floor plans ranging from 1,500 - 2,100 square feet. Prices range from the $300’s to $500K.
Castle Oak Academy, Dr High Jones Elementary School, Fork King Middle School and Forest High School are the best schools near Golden Ocala Florida. Located in Marion County, the luxury home community is about 30 minutes south of Gainesville, one hour north of Orlando, and an hour and a half northeast of Tampa. Ocala residents can find quality medical care at Kindred Hospital.
There are no reviews, yet
We’re in the process of collecting verified resident reviews for this community. If you are a resident, add your review here.